“Yoga is selfless, cleansing, freeing, balancing, inspiring, and joyfully performed: a vision in which one experiences peaceful interconnectedness with all life around them. “ ~ Bhagavad Gita
Team CityFurnish wishes everybody a happy International Yoga Day. A remarkable day like this can be a great start for anyone wishing to start their journey of practicing Yoga. Maintaining regularity is a very important factor to get best results from Yoga as it doesn’t give you an instantaneous result. Yoga is a life long journey. The positivity, wellness, and inspiration it brings to your life and the ones around you is immense. So, here are 7 tips to make your Yoga journey easier.
1. Choose a Time As Per Your Convenience: Yoga in the early morning prove to be very useful as it keeps your energy level boosted throughout the day and also, keeps you stress-free. Many of you don’t get enough time in the morning for practicing yoga, but that does not mean that you should not practice it at all. In fact, you should choose a particular time slot, which can be late morning or evening or anytime that suits you, and practice your yoga. It will help you in keeping yourself stress-free physically as well as mentally.
2. Choosing a Comfortable Place: Yoga is mostly done on yoga mats, but that doesn’t mean if you don’t have one then you cannot do it. Grab a piece of carpet or blanket, don’t let your excuses overpower your will and do your yoga. Because exercise can be done by using any kind of fitness equipment. If you are living in some overcrowded city and do not have adequate space in your room, take out the mattress from your bed and use the flat surface of your bed to practice your yoga.
Also Read – 5 Pro Tips For Workout At Home – Fitness Guide
3. Make use of your furniture: If someone in your family is old and cannot practice yoga, then they can make use of the furniture in your house like chair, sofa or bed. Uttanasana, Utthita Parsvakonasana, Eka Pada Rajakapotasana, Garudasana, Ardha Matsyendrasana and Virabhadrasana are some of the asanas which can be performed on a chair, sofa or bed. In this way, they can keep themselves fit.
4. Know Your Limits: You are the king of your own body and you should know what is the limit of your body. Don’t push yourself off the limits and injure yourself, rather, know the boundaries and limits of your body and stretch it as per that. If you feel some pain while practicing a particular asana, do not hesitate to stop otherwise it can be very dangerous for your body. Your neck, spine, and hips are usually vulnerable when you feel some pain in a particular position. So, practice regularly till your body is flexible enough to adjust in every pose.
5. Be Consistent: It is very important to be consistent with your yoga and make it a routine, otherwise, it is of no use. Set your goals, it is not necessary to practice yoga every day. Once a week is good, three times a week is better and everyday practice is great. Do not make a resolution to practice it every day if you cannot rather choose as per your convenience. If you decide to perform it thrice a week, you will feel a sense of relief after you accomplish it.
6. Opt For a Simple Yoga Wear: While doing yoga, don’t wear tight clothes as they may cause hindrance while doing some heavy stretching. Always wear loose clothes as they are comfortable for all the asanas.
7. Enjoy your yoga: Again, do not push your body off the limits. If you overdo your yoga then you will not enjoy it and eventually, your body will not be ready for the next session. So, go easy on it, enjoy your yoga and stay fit.